Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Guest Bedroom Update #2

 The guest room is coming along nicely. I have made progress on the soft furnishings. I am getting everything ready to do a day or two of hand sewing down binding. 

I will have to admit that I almost gave up decorating this room. I really struggled trying to figure out what was wrong after I introduced the fabrics into the room and started sewing them. After walking out of the room several times in frustration I realized it is the colour of the duvet cover. It is the wrong shade of blue. I know it needs to be replaced as it has several holes in it. I now need to get a  duvet cover that is white. I may have to change one set of pillow cases to light blue. And maybe the sheets. I'm on the hunt for what I want. 

The soft furnishings are coming along and I have the cushion covers to almost ready to sew down the binding. 

The second cover is ready to sew together with the binding attached. 

I decided to make a small wall hanging to hang above the bedside table. The embroidery took 2.5 hours to stitch out. It has very dense stitching on it. It is ready to bind. 

I have a table topper or two to make and then I will be ready to set up the room. 

I purchased some flowers for the room and am ready to cut the stems down and arrange them in a vase. I need another container of white sand for the vase. I will add some glass rocks to the top to add a finished look. 

My next update should be of the room done but not painted. I have to do some shopping for pillow cases, sheets, and duvet cover. I will hang all the pictures so I can see how the room will look with the blue curtains or if they will need to be replaced. This has been a learning project for me as I venture into a new look for the house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment