Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Master Bedroom Update #1

 The master bedroom is my focus at the moment. I am in the process of purging out what I don't need and organizing the closets to be more efficient. While I clean the room, I keep thinking about how I want to decorate the space. It needs to be peaceful so I can sleep well in it. 

One of the first things I did was change out the sheets to white ones. I have always loved white sheets and pillow cases. I have the light grey curtains hung which I also like and they will blend in with the grey wall colour (same as the rest of the house). The first step to decorating has begun. And stopped for a bit as I gathered my thoughts to move from spartan to inviting, cozy, and peaceful.

The main furniture in the room belonged to my grandmother. I love each piece. The bedside tables are white and from Ikea and do the job that I needed them to do. They don't stand out too much. I hope to buy a black iron headboard for the bed. 

I have kept the knick knacks to a minimum and would like to add some flowers to the dresser and a picture to the bedside table which has nothing on it. I may even put a small flower arrangement on it also. The wash stand has a basin and pitcher which came from my grandmother's house. The white linen towels I use to put on the rail were in a box that went missing on one of our moves. 

I plan on making the Irish chain quilt for the bedroom. I have decided to use this William Morris print.

I am still in the process of choosing the white. Instead of a white background and blue chains, I am going to reverse it. The runners will be in the print and white. One for each of the main pieces.

I am working towards being able to sleep well in this room. I know the colours I am choosing are calm. I have added items to the room slowly and I am sleeping well with them in there. It will still be minimal but at the same time it will feel comfortable and cozy for me. 

I will update as I move forward and add pictures to show the progress. Right now it is getting this room clean and ready to be decorated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment