Saturday, November 11, 2023

Master Bedroom Update #2

The master bedroom has been purged. The room was cleaned and I have been thinking about decorating this room. I have realized that my style is cottage country style. I can keep it minimal for easy cleaning but have it feel warm and cozy. 

Stopping work on the bedroom and thinking has let me get my ideas and thoughts in place. It has also let me make changes. 

    The main quilt I want to make for the bed is still going to happen. My inspiration came from this picture. 

This is a double Irish chain quilt and I am making a single. I am also going to reverse the colours so the William Morris fabric can be seen. 

    The second quilt will be a fun one which has sheep on it. I may not put it on the bed but have it over a chair in that room and admire it. The background fabric will have to go with the William Morris fabric. 

    I bought a frame for a small picture to put on the bedside table that has nothing on it. 

I need to find a vase to put some flowers into so the space if balanced. The frames on the rest of my pictures are in oak and I am hoping the gold on this frame will pull the look together. Most of the pictures I want to hang were framed in the 1990's. 

    I still want to get a black metal headboard for the bed. I don't want extra pillows on the bed as I don't use them. A headboard will help give the bed the finished look I want. 

With ideas floating around in my head, I find that I am still stalled. I am spending a lot of time cleaning the house of unnecessary items. Between doing that and exercise/physio/osteopathy I putter at my plan when I have time. I am hoping to make the bedroom 2 quilts this winter so I can have change the quilts out seasonally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment